A poultry house in Delaware caught ablaze Wednesday evening, leading to the demise of some 21,000 egg-laying chickens.
The fire broke out in a 500-foot-long poultry house in Gumboro, Delaware, CBS reported.
The fire is believed to be accidental and caused by an electrical malfunction, the Delaware State Fire Marshall’s office reportedly found.
After the blaze sparked it cooked up the entire poultry house, full of six-week-old chickens, reports say.
Damage from the fire is estimated at $400,000, according to the Fire Marshall’s office.
The name of the farm where the fire took place was not immediately available.