Boy loses fingers in microwave explosion, reports say

Wikimedia Commons

A boy in Logan lost three fingers after he put an object in the microwave that caused it to explode, 6 ABC Action News reported.

A Philadelphia Fire Department spokeswoman confirmed that at 4 p.m. Saturday a single engine and medic unit responded to a home on the 1300 block of Windrim Avenue.

An 8-year-old boy with a hand injury was transported to St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children for treatment, according to the Fire Department.

The fire is under investigation by the Fire Marshall’s office, the spokeswoman said.

According to ABC, the boylost three fingers on his right hand, suffered burns to his hand and his arm was fractured.

The type of object that caused the explosion was not disclosed.

No information was available about whether anyone else was inside the house at the time of the fire.

A spokeswoman for St. Christopher’s Hospital declined to comment on the boy’s condition Sunday, citing patient privacy laws.

More from our Sister Sites