The Milwaukee Bucks broke the Phoenix Suns down in Arizona. Now they hold serve in Game 6 at home in Fiserv Forum with an opportunity to win their first NBA title since 1971; when they were led by Alcindor and Robinson, and there were just 17 teams in the league.
With those heavy expectations weighing on their shoulders come Tuesday night in Milwaukee, the Bucks are simply focused on keeping things simple and sticking to the game plan.
“We’ve got to keep playing good basketball. We can’t worry about the outcome,” Bucks star Giannis Antetokounmpo said. “Just got to keep playing good basketball, and hopefully we can get a win.”
For the Suns, it’s all about living to fight another day — which will be a tall task to force a Game 7 in Milwaukee as the Bucks inch ever so closer to a first title in half a century.
“Headspace, mental stamina, all that stuff… it boils down to getting it done,” Suns head coach Monty Williams said. “We got to win one game to put them back on the plane. That’s it. And you have to have that determination that you’re willing to do whatever it takes to put them back on the plane.
“So we can call it what we want to, mental toughness and all that stuff. But it’s going to be needed and our guys are capable of doing it. This our first time in this position and we can do it.”
Tip-off is at 9 p.m. ET on ABC where bettors believe the Larry O’Brien Trophy will be handed out.
Game 6 Lines
- Spread: Bucks -5
- Over 222 points scored: -105
- Under 222 points scored: -115
- Suns to win (Moneyline): +170
- Bucks to win (Moneyline): -200
Top Point Scorer
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL): +105
- Devin Booker (PHX): +160
- Khris Middleton (MIL): +550
- Chris Paul (PHX): +1600
- Jrue Holiday (MIL): +2500
- Deandre Ayton (PHX): +6000
- Mikal Bridges (PHX): +10000
- Brook Lopez (MIL): +10000
- Jae Crowder (PHX): +10000
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL): +900
- Jrue Holiday (MIL): +1800
NBA Finals MVP
- Giannis Antetokounmpo (MIL): -400
- Devin Booker (PHX): +650
- Chris Paul (PHX): +650
- Khris Middleton (MIL): +3000
- Jrue Holiday (MIL): +7000
- Deandre Ayton (PHX): +18000
Odds courtesy of DraftKings