Here are a few notes from Andy Reid’s press conference this morning and my time in the Eagles’ locker room, when it was opened to reporters:
- Danny Watkins will take the first-team reps at right guard this week in practice. Reid wouldn’t commit to the rookie starting Sunday, but it sure seems that way — unless he looks really bad.
- King Dunlap will start in place of the ailing Jason Peters (hamstring) at left tackle. Interesting to note that Winston Justice isn’t in the mix, even though he’s “healthy enough” (according to Reid and Justice himself) to play.
- Antonio Dixon, who was placed on the IR Tuesday, underwent surgery on a torn tricep tendon at the Rothman Institute. Derek Landri officially took his spot on the roster.
- Darryl Tapp (pectoral strain) and Juqua Parker (ankle) both will practice today and “we’ll see how much they can do,” per Reid. Tapp added that his plan is to play Sunday, and listed himself at 85-90 percent right now.
- Trent Cole (calf strain) won’t practice and won’t play Sunday.
- You would think Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie would see more action this week against the Bills’ spread sets, but the cornerback didn’t seem confident about that, saying, “You know how that goes.”
- Reid said the starting safeties (Jarrad Page, Nate Allen) will remain the same.
- Mike Vick on the Dream Team: “That term is dead”
- Jeremy Maclin, who had the huge fumble that stopped a potential game-winning drive last week, said this about ball security problems, “Got to be strong with the ball.”
We’ll have more news and notes throughout the day, along with a feature with some interesting quotes from Cullen Jenkins about team leadership, especially on defense.