Reports of a hazardous materials incident Monday at a silver plating supplier in Kensington left fire officials baffled.
Two people were hospitialized around 6:30 a.m. Monday after they were exposed to unidentified fumes at Abbott Plating on the 2100 block of E. Wishart Street.
Peter Crespo, executive chief of the Philadelphia Fire Department, said fire officials didn’t pick up any readings for dangerous fumes upon arrival.
“We investigated, we tested hair samples, air monitoring,” he said. “There were no hazardous materials or substances in the area. … all tests came back negative.”
Two people were transported to local hospitals.
No update on their condition was immediately available.