We all know Philadelphia is the “City of Brotherly Love,” but add in the fact that today is Valentine’s Day, and you have yourself a lot of amore. Which is great and all if you’re attached, but if you’re single, today is just another day you’re navigating the often treacherous and confusing waters of dating.
If you’re wondering why you might not have found The One or The One for Right Now, we have some inside info about Philly daters from Match.com’s eighth annual “Singles in America” survey.
For this year’s poll, the relationship site surveyed more than 5,000 non-members from ages 18 to 70-plus on everything from appropriate first-date behavior and intimacy to, yes, even politics.
7 Philly-centric stats from Match’s ‘Singles in America’
• Date night in: 83 percent of singles love listening to music when staying in with a date, followed by binge-watching a TV show (82 percent) and watching a drama film (80 percent).
• About your tech: 80 percent of women are turned off by someone who doesn’t have internet or steals it from a neighbor. But 56 percent find it a turn-on if you’re sporting a smartwatch or have Alexa.
• Cleanliness = sexiness: 91 percent of singles find clean bathrooms a turn-on, and 87 percent find nice sheets swoon-worthy.
• Sex? Yes, please: 85 percent of singles say enthusiasm is the No. 1 key to good sex, while 82 percent want a good kisser and 81 percent prefer a caring partner.
• Hold off on that “like:” Just 22 percent of singles think it’s OK to like a photo or post on social media before the first date.
• Flatter him: 87 percent of Philly men want to be complimented on the first date.
• Love trumps politics: 75 percent of Philly singles would date across party lines.