An unprecedented Major League Baseball postseason is upon us, featuring 16 teams, eight best-of-three Wild Card series, bubbles, and a whole lot of unpredictability.
The playoffs start Tuesday with four games on tap, providing a March Madness feel to October baseball.
If the truncated 60-game season suggested anything, it’s that the Commissioner’s Trophy can be won by anyone in the tournament, ensuring that the next month will bring edge-of-your-seat stuff almost every night.
While it’s difficult to predict the unpredictable, Metro Philadelphia sports editor Joe Pantorno attempted to foresee how things would play out this fall:
AL WILD CARD
- No. 1 Rays over No. 8 Blue Jays
- No. 4 Indians over No. 5 Yankees
- No. 3 Twins over No. 6 Astros
- No. 2 Athletics over No. 7 White Sox
NL WILD CARD
- No. 1 Dodgers over No. 8 Brewers
- No. 4 Padres over No. 5 Cardinals
- No. 3 Cubs over No. 6 Marlins
- No. 7 Reds over No. 2 Braves
- Rays over Indians
- Athletics over Twins
- Dodgers over Padres
- Reds over Cubs
Rays over Athletics
Dodgers over Reds
2020 WORLD SERIES
Dodgers over Rays