It’s this Christmas season’s hottest gift — literally.
A hoverboard toy ignited Sundayin an Ocean County home in New Jersey while it was charging, causing a blaze that left part of a room scorched.
Firefighters fromLanoka Harbor, New Jersey in Ocean County posted pictures of the fire on their Facebook page Sunday night.
“Be careful when charging up Hoverboards,” the fire department posted on their Facebook page. “We responded to call today due to a hoverboard catching fire. Do not leave them unattended. Monitor them while charging… Register them for warranties andcheck for manufacturer recalls.”
The family the hoverboard belonged to was at home when the fire ignited, the fire department said.It burned a hole right through the carpet.
The fire is under investigation by the Ocean County Fire Marshall’s office.