Police arrested Richard Green, 43, and Rhonda Kelly, 48, last Tuesday at the Parker Spruce Hotel, 261 S. 13th Street, for allegedly committing 10 burglaries in Center City over the span of a month.
Police said a search warrant of the two’s room revealed numerous stolen items and that they are continuing to investigate whether the pair was involved in additional burglaries.
Central Detectives launched the investigation when, over the last two months, they noticed an increase in residential burglaries in Center City and eventually identified Green, of the 1000 block of South 11th Street, and Kelly, of the 500 block of Sigel Street, as suspects. Both are charged with burglary and related offenses.
Between Sept. 13 and Nov. 14, properties on the following blocks were hit:
– 200 block of Chestnut Street
– 1100 block of Spuce Street
– 1600 block of Pine street
– 2200 block of Spruce Street
– 1800 block of Pine Street
– Two apartments on the 800 block of South 10th Street
– 1500 block of Pine Street
– 300 block of South 10th Street
– 300 block of South 11th Street