Three killed, seven injured in Philly shootings

PHOTO: Melissa Mitman

A series of shootings Wednesday and early Thursday left three people dead and seven others injured in Philadelphia, authorities said.

Just before 3 a.m. Thursday, officers responded to the 3100 block of N. Lee Street in Kensington for a report of a shooting on the street. They found a 32-year-old man who had been shot multiple times and rushed him to Temple University Hospital, police said.

He was pronounced dead at 3:23 a.m., according to authorities.

In South Philadelphia, a man and a woman were shot while on the porch of a house on the 1900 block of S. Croskey Street at around 1:20 a.m., police said.

A 30-year-old man was shot in the head, and he died at the hospital several hours later. The other victim, a 27-year-old woman, suffered a gunshot wound to her right foot and is in stable condition.

Police said a 40-year-old man was also gunned down at around 5 p.m. on the 3700 block of N. Gratz Street in the Tioga section of the city. He had multiple gunshot wounds to the head and body when officers arrived, authorities said.

He was later identified by police as Erik Cook, of North Philadelphia.

No arrests were reported in connection with any of the homicides, and detectives continue to investigate.

Investigators are also looking for a suspect who opened fire on a 44-year-old man at 2:10 a.m. Thursday on the 3200 block of W. Susquehanna Avenue in Strawberry Mansion.

The man suffered gunshot wounds to both legs, his right arm, chest and buttocks, police said, and he is listed in critical condition at Temple Hospital.

Earlier in the evening, two people were wounded when shots rang out just before 11:30 p.m. Wednesday on the 500 block of W. York Street in North Philadelphia, authorities said.

Both victims arrived at the hospital in a private vehicle. A 28-year-old man had been shot in the right leg, and a 22-year-old man was hit in the chest and back. They are in stable condition, police said.

In addition, a 29-year-old man was shot in the buttocks just after 9:41 p.m. on the 5000 block of N. Franklin Street in Olney. Officers rushed him to the hospital, and he is in stable condition, police said.

Detectives are also investigating a double shooting that happened in broad daylight Wednesday in Logan.

The incident occurred at around 12:15 p.m. on the 4600 block of N. Marvine Street. A 23-year-old man was shot once in the buttocks, and the second victim, also a 23-year-old man, suffered a gunshot wound to his right hand.

Both are in stable condition, police said.

There have been no arrests associated with any of the shootings, authorities said.

Investigators are also looking for a woman who tried to blow up a home early Thursday morning on the 2000 block of E. Tulpehocken Street in West Oak Lane.

The woman, a former tenant, placed a large firework in the mail slot, which caused the front door to catch on fire, authorities said. After firefighters put out the blaze, it was ruled an arson.

She had not been apprehended as of Thursday morning.

More from our Sister Sites